Friday, July 11, 2014

Wind Dancer by Jamie Carie

Wind Dancer

Description:

Raised in a British-held frontier town during the American Revolution, Isabelle Renoir is not like other women around her. A free spirit, she dances in the moonlight as a praise offering to God and is more at home fearlessly taking her long rifle and knife into the woods for adventure and inspiration. But Isabelle's latest journey may be more than even her strength can handle when a huge storm throws the raven-haired beauty off course and into the path of rugged American spy Samuel Holt. After matching wits and denying their passion for each other, they are attacked by Indians, held prisoner, and forced to watch the horrific killing of Isabelle's brother. Now together but in captivity, they must fight spiritual forces that no knife or rifle could ever conquer in order to be free


My Opinion:

I forget how much I love books with Indian culture in them. Their ways, even though I don't believe in them, are so captivating. Their lives draw me in to where I actually feel like I am experiencing the life of the tribe. I liked how even though Isabelle knew the Indians as her enemy she still found a way to enjoy herself at the camp. She was triumphant through everything they did to her and the others. She reminded me of Job from the bible, through all the suffering she still praised God at any point possible. She rebelled against the Gods of the Indians and worshiped Christ through the Indian tribes own ways.


I liked the characters in the story, they all played their parts well. I loved how even the enemy in the story had a likable side to them, showing that some people are misunderstood and giving their full side of the story as well as the main characters. I also liked how Samuel was like 'The Prodigal Son' in the book, it actually was a surprise to me. I wasn't expecting to meet any of his family in the book, but I am so happy that the part with him and his father was added in the story. It definitely portrayed Gods love for us the way I see it. 


I did not like how easy it was for both Samuel and Isabelle to scape the Indian camp. I expected more fighting and battle scenes before they found their freedom. However, they got away with barely a knick, if that. I also didn't like how some parts in the book were written, I kept on thinking that I missed a word or phrase on a page, but when I went back I realized I didn't, it was just written weird. 


Overall, this was a great book with minor flaws. I would definitely recommend it!


Stars: 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment