Monday, April 7, 2014

Elusive Hope by MaryLu Tyndall

Elusive Hope (Escape to Paradise, #2)

Description:

 In a colony named New Hope, while their friends are seeking a southern utopia...

Hayden is seeking revenge. Relentlessly.


After years of all but selling his soul to track down his scoundrel of a father, Hayden Gale discovers his search must continue in South America, where his father is reported to be helping colonize Brazil. Hayden has nothing more to lose, certainly not a good reputation, and vows to keep pursuing--at any cost--the vile man who he believes killed his mother.

Magnolia is seeking a way out. Desperately.

She's in the jungles of Brazil against her will, but what choice does Magnolia Scott have? Her father insisted on uprooting their family to escape the uncertainty of Southern life after the Civil War. But how will she survive without all she holds dear--wealthy suitors, beautiful clothes, summer balls, and slaves waiting on her every whim? She vows to find a way to get back home--and attaches herself to handsome Hayden Gale.

As they journey toward Rio de Janeiro, they each seek to use the other for their own purposes. Deceptively. Falling in love was never part of their plans....


My Opinion:

This sequel got me so pumped up on this series. I cannot wait for the next one! I've been looking forward to this book for a while and I have no idea why I waited so long to read it! Definite mistake on my part.

I absolutely loved the way that MaryLu included spiritual warfare and supernatural episodes. I can tell that that aspect will play an even bigger part in the next book, Abandoned Memories. I thought it was pretty cool how all the characters were having visions throughout the story and practically being haunted by their pasts. To watch how these events effected them all and how they handled it really had me glued to the pages. Anytime a character had one I could feel my pulse speed up. Some of the things that happened were actually quite spooky and I thought MaryLu did an amazing job with that aspect of the story.

I knew from the first book that sparks were going to fly between Hayden and Magnolia, but I didn't expect so many of them to burn! These two butted heads A LOT which honestly had me laughing quite a bit, but further into the story the barbs really started to hurt, not just the characters, but me. On top of that, the lies and deception between the two at some points was overwhelming. Their problems started way before either of them ever stepped foot on the ship headed for Brazil and I anxiously looked forward to and wondered how they were going to overcome everything together. At some points it was hard to see them ending up together, but GOD never fails when he has a plan in store.

On another note, I have never read a book with an exotic setting. I was enthralled by the way the scenery was described, both the good and the bad about it. I wish I could lay eyes on the jungle that these people were in. Sounds both scary but beautiful at the same time. I can say that I would not want to lay eyes in the insects there, but everything else sounded so nice! 

Something else that I want to comment on was the all the characters strength, both emotionally and physically throughout the story. I could not endure many of the things that they went through, if any of it. These people were definitely inspiring!

Bring on James and Angeline's story!


Rating: 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment