Monday, June 24, 2013

*A Hint of Passion* Prophet by R.J. Larson



                                      
Prophet (Books of the Infinite #1)

Description:

Ela Roeh of Parne doesn't understand why her beloved Creator, the Infinite, wants her to become His prophet. She's undignified and bad-tempered, and at age seventeen she's much too young. In addition, no prophet of Parne has ever been a girl. Worst of all, as Parne's elders often warn, if she agrees to become the Infinite's prophet, Ela knows she will die young. 
Yet she can't imagine living without Him. Determined to hear the Infinite's voice, Ela accepts the sacred vinewood branch and is sent to bring the Infinite's word to a nation torn apart by war. There she meets a young ambassador determined to bring his own justice for his oppressed people. As they form an unlikely partnership, Ela battles how to balance the leading of her heart with the leading of the Infinite.

"This tale captured me and held me hostage to the very last page. Breathlessly waiting for the next book."--Donita K. Paul, author of "The Dragon Keeper Chronicles" and "The Chiril Chronicles"

My Opinion:

So, this book took me a little while to get through. I just wasn't in the reading mood this past week. I'm not sure if I'm back in the reading mood yet or not.

This book was good. My older sister wanted me to read it and start this thing called, A Hint of Passion, where I will read a book that I know is going to have little romance and then read and write a review for it. She told me this book was more on the comedic side than romance.

When I started it I was like, "What is she talking about?," because it definitely did not start out funny at all! It actually started out as a depressing book for me with all the death that was going on, and that spans through out the whole book. Granted though, it did end up being pretty funny with the banter between Ela and Kien, and the unexpected behavior of a certain horse.

I liked and disliked the story. I thought it was cool how R.J. Larson had things happen in the book that happened in the Bible. I definitely saw some similarities between the two. However, because she did that, in my opinion, it was definitely Preachy. I am a Christian and I like having messages in the books I read as well as having a transformation in the way the characters think/behave. However, I don't need a sermon on every page to get the point.

Overall, I liked the book but it was't my favorite and I understand that it's not for everyone. I would still recommend it to anyone, but it's your discretion.

Rating: 4 Stars


1 comment:

  1. I liked this one, but I liked the second one, "Judge," better.

    ReplyDelete